UBM Japan Co Ltd (hereafter referred to as the Company) may request the submission of personal information when using this Website, websites operated by exhibitions, seminars, and media organized by the Company (hereafter referred to as Our Site), when exhibiting at or attending exhibitions and seminars organized by the Company, and when using other services.
The Company shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, guidelines, etc., related to personal information protection, and other applicable laws and regulations related to personal information protection when handling personal information acquired by the Company.
The Company may request the submission of personal information in the following cases.
Requests for various material related to exhibiting at or attending Company exhibitions
Various applications related to exhibiting at or attending Company exhibitions
Inquiries to exhibitors
Attendance at events at exhibitions organized by the Company
Inquiries and applications related to Company seminars and tours
Requests for seminar lecturers
Various inquiries and applications related to media issued by the Company
Registration for using email distribution services
Requests for the collection of information related to Company exhibitions and issued media
Other (If personal information is requested for a purpose other than the above and if it is entered, the purpose and contents shall be clearly informed, and if you agree)
Except for cases where stipulated by laws and regulations, or where the customer’s agreement is obtained, the Company shall not use the personal information acquired by the Company beyond the scope for achieving the following usage purposes.
(1) Operation, maintenance, and management of Company exhibitions, seminars, media, and other Company services
(2) Provision and introduction of services for inquiries and applications through Our Site and email or telephone
(3) Invitations for exhibiting at and attending Company exhibitions related to the exhibitions at which the customer exhibited or attended
(4) When requesting a financial institute to transfer money for refunds, payments for lecture fees, etc.
(5) When there is a need to contact a customer for some other reason
Regarding things such as the confirmation, correction, or deletion of information provided by a customer to the Company and Our Site that identifies the individual, if customers themselves directly contact the inquiry desk for each exhibition office and each media of the Company, we will respond promptly within a reasonable scope.
Except in the following cases, the Company shall not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the customer.
(1) If based on laws and regulations
(2) If it is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
(3) Cases in which it is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the customer is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
(4) When notifying or announcing the following matters in advance
A provision for a third party is included in the usage purposes
Data items provided to a third party
Means or method of provision to a third party
Provision of personal information to a third party shall be suspended upon request by the customer
Notwithstanding the provision in the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not apply to third parties.
(1) When the Company entrusts the handling of personal information in whole or part within the scope necessary for achieving the usage purpose
(2) When personal information is provided due to a merger and other reasons for business succession
(3) In cases where personal information is to be used by sharing it with a specific party, that fact along with the personal information items to be used jointly, the scope of parties that share usage, the usage purpose of the party using it, and the name of the party responsible for managing the relevant personal information shall be notified to the customer in advance or shall be placed in a condition that it is readily accessible to customers
Principally, the Company shall not change the usage purpose stipulated in the preceding paragraphs except in cases where prior consent has been obtained from the customer. However, this shall not apply to cases where it is reasonably considered to have sufficient relevance to the usage purpose prior to the changes and where changes are made based on a prior announcement of the usage purpose.
The Company shall implement appropriate organizational, physical, personnel, and technical measures regarding the protection of personal information, and shall take other necessary and appropriate measures for the safe management of personal information such as preventing the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information handled by the Company.
In addition, regarding personal information stored on Our Site’s automatic processing system, the Company shall take reasonable technical measures to prevent dangers such as unauthorized access to personal information, loss, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
The pages of Our Site may use technology known as a "Cookie" that makes it more convenient for customers when they visit Our Site again.
A "Cookie" is an industry standard technology that allows the Web server to recognize a customer’s computer. This technology is used to customize the Website according to the individual needs of each customer and to improve Website contents and provided services so as to better satisfy customers. "Cookies" can identify a customer’s computer, but cannot identify the individual customer unless the person enters personal information. Moreover, depending on the browser used, it may be possible to disable the Cookie function by changing the settings, but this will result in some or all services on a Web page becoming unavailable.
The Company shall inspect the system and make effort for the purpose of continual improvement and revision of the handling and managing of personal information.
Based on the usage purpose of personal information, the Company shall delete or dispose of personal information when the need no longer exists, and the said deletion and disposal shall be performed as necessary for carrying out business in a necessary and appropriate method to prevent risks such as external leakage.
If you have any questions regarding the protection of personal information, please contact us at the following.
*Our Site may include links to external sites.
UBM Japan Co Ltd
10 October, 2018